Java/Node.js Software Engineer
- you are willing to work at the office in Poznan (eventual relocation on your own), it is possible to work remotely in part time,
- experience in developing and maintaining of IT systems/applications,
- knowledgeable about databases, SQL as well as NoSQL,
- knowledgeable about Linux environment and tools,
- knowledgeable about Git,
- knowledgeable about Docker,
- you understand how web applications and protocols work and you know how to build secure and resilient solutions,
- you know how to build APIs (mostly REST),
- you care of details, readability and quality of code,
- ability to make decisions on your own and speak clear about choices,
- ability to prioritise tasks in line with team and company goals,
- ability to automate tests is a nice to have,
- it is a plus if you are interested in functional programming paradigm.
- offices in the city downtown,
- flexible hours with a possibility of remote work,
- participation in conferences and trainings,
- individual training and conference budget,
- access to rich company library with books not only about IT,
- currency exchange at a discounted rate,
- cold and hot beverages and regular supplies of fresh fruits and vegetables,
- multisport subscription,
- individual or family medical care, insurance as an option,
- parking space for car or bicycle (there is shower available at the office),
- company events,
- chillout room,
- relaxation massages,
- English lessons.
– you follow best practices for source control, you’re fluent at Git and Docker, you build and maintain CI/CD processes,
– you cooperate with product owners and company leaders to create financial applications which exceed customer expectations, by customers we mean individuals, businesses and internal users (eg. operations department),
– wherever necessary you focus on performance, you know how to measure it and optimise it,you follow IT security methods and standards, together with frontend engineers you are engaged in building advanced user interfaces,
– you cooperate with system administrators when it comes to build and maintain technical infrastructure of applications,
– if necessary you mentor and train less advanced colleagues.
Currency One is a leading currency exchange and online money transfers brand in Poland with more than half a million registered users. It has been brought to life by merging first peer-to-peer currency exchange service walutomat.pl and first online fx service internetowykantor.pl. Both websites allow its users exchange currencies and make foreign money transfers in a fast, secure and reliable way. Since 2017 the company has been operating together with Przelewy24 (largest online payment gateway in Poland) in one group.
At Currency One we process thousands of operations per minute and settle customer transactions worth hundreds of millions zlotys per month. We build our systems to be reliable, operate continuously and be secure. We follow rigorous source control, automated build, and deployment best practices while retaining the flexibility and agility required of a fast changing environment.
We pay great attention to relationships among colleagues. Positive attitude and friendly relations are key parts of our success. According to Antal report Currency One took second place among most desired employers in Poland in Internet, New Media and E-commerce category.